Harlan Still & Koch

August 2019 Archives

The difference between long- and short-term disability insurance

If you develop a disability and you are unable to perform your work as a result, you should look into your options for obtaining some sort of disability benefits. The type of disability benefits you will be able to access will depend on the circumstances regarding your disability. If you are injured at work, you may be able to file for workers' compensation benefits. If you have a low income, you may be able to qualify for cash benefits through the Social Security Administration (SSA).

Most deadly workplace accidents come from the 'fatal four'

Is there a way to stop most of the deadly workplace accidents that happen every year in the construction industry in the United States? Some safety experts think there is, and the statistics back them up. They say that all you need to do is figure out a way to eliminate the "fatal four."

Getting the disability benefits you deserve after age 60

As many workers approach their late 50s and early 60s, they start to look forward to retirement and plan for it based on their current income. Working at full capacity can become more difficult as you age, especially if you work in manual labor. Also, workers in their 50s and 60s have a higher vulnerability to becoming ill or injured and acquiring a disability.

Email Us For a Response

Get A Free Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Harlan Still & Koch

515 Cherry Street
Suite 300
Columbia, MO 65201

Toll Free: 800-483-1789
Phone: 573-874-2402
Fax: 573-443-3354
Columbia Law Office Map

office Location: