Helping The Disabled And Injured In
Missouri Get The Support They Deserve
Experienced Columbia Lawyers To Help You Obtain Disability Benefits
At Harlan Still & Koch, we are dedicated to helping disabled people get the benefits they need from Social Security. This has been our focus since 1978. Whether your condition was the result of an accident, a workplace injury or serious illness, we provide the knowledge and supportive guidance you can trust.
Helping You Obtain Social Security Benefits
The Social Security Disability system was designed to people who have disabilities that impact their ability to work or seek employment for at least 12 months. Unfortunately, many people find the process of obtaining benefits complicated, confusing and ultimately, discouraging.
Our lawyers understand the system, and we will personally guide you through the process to obtain the benefits you need.
We provide comprehensive assistance at any stage of the process, including:
- Initial applications: Filing for disability is a complicated process. We have helped numerous clients through the detailed paperwork to obtain their benefits. Even though it is easier to qualify for benefits after the age of 50, we can help you get your benefits at any age.
- Appeals: It is common for the Social Security Administration (SSA) to deny your initial application. We will guide you through the appeals process and your hearing.
Assisting Those Who Have Been Disabled
We are dedicated advocates, and our services go beyond the five-step process. We can provide referrals to low-cost medical treatment for any condition that keeps you out of work, such as:
- Physical injuries: Many physical conditions can impair your ability to work, including severe head trauma, neck or back injuries.
- Mental illnesses: PTSD, OCD, depression as well as learning disabilities have the potential to impact your ability to work.
- Other illnesses: Illnesses such as cancer, asthma and arthritis often provide limitations at work, or keep people out of work because of medical treatment.
If you are worried you may not qualify for SSD or SSI benefits, there is no need to fear. At Harlan Still & Koch, we exhaustively explore every option available to you. We strive to find you the best support possible.
Get The Support You Need
We handle all of our cases by contingency, meaning that you owe us nothing unless or until we are successful in recovering benefits for you. Contact our Columbia attorneys at 800-483-1789 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation.