Guiding You Through The Five-Step Process Of Obtaining Social Security Disability Benefits
At Harlan Still & Koch, we can help you navigate the complex application forms to seek Social Security Disability Income (SSD or SSDI) benefits or Supplemental Security Income ( SSI). Our Columbia SSD benefits attorneys strive to make the Social Security process simple and transparent. We provide step-by-step guidance from start to finish:
- Initial application: We will help you navigate the complex forms and paperwork of your initial application. We can also provide direction on obtaining the proper medical evidence needed for your claim.
- Approval or denial: If your claim is not approved, don’t worry — most initial applications, even valid ones, are rejected the first time. We will take action to help you move to the next step.
- Appeal: We will file all the appropriate paperwork for appealing your denied SSD or SSI claim, and request all additional records that may be necessary to build your claim.
- Hearing: We will represent you at your administrative hearing. Prior to your hearing, your lawyer will meet with you to prepare your testimony as well as help you understand what to expect and what questions to anticipate from the judge or witnesses called by Social Security.
- Additional appeals: Additional appeals may be necessary following your hearing. We will exhaust all reasonable appeals, up to and including review in federal court.
Throughout this process, you will never pay us a fee unless or until we are successful in recovering benefits on your behalf. This contingency style of representation includes your initial interview with us, any follow-up consultations we have together, representation at your hearing and any further appeals processes.
Our Attorneys Make It Simple
Our Missouri law firm has been helping people in similar situations to yours since 1978. As one of the oldest Social Security firms in the area, we are fully equipped to help you seek the benefits you need. Contact us at 800-483-1789 or send us an email to schedule a free initial consultation today.